Friday, October 3, 2008

Portobelo Portobelo Portobelo!


Oooo Oooo Oooo I love me some Portobelooooo! :)


My talented roommate made up the song! I thought it was great! (sorry for the rotated image...she's tall and I tried to fit her in the camera frame)



http://www.tallerportobelonorte.com/

Portobelo....what can I say. It's a beautiful country with beautiful people. I found a peace there that I'd never experienced before. More to come about my visit, but I'm limited on time right now. But if you have an opportunity to visit the country you should.


I will be completing my project soon that I started with the children in Portobelo and I hope that they will have their book(s) by the end of the year. Lots of work to do....lots of work to do. And I think I'm going back to the drawing board. The drawings I already did while I was there were ok. But I'm not satisfied with the overall look. I like the idea of mimicking the artistic style that the artists in the Taller (workshop in Spanish...pronounced "tie-yare"), but I think I need to start again.....luckily I haven't gotten to far. I like the story that the children came up with. But because this is indeed the internet, I don't want to give too much away about what we've done.....there will be more to come.


I'm so excited about it too!


Also attached here is a picture of the group I worked with.....I miss them and think about them often. Hopefully, my spanish will be EXCELLENTE when I see them again! :)






2 comments:

THE JODY said...

Hey good sista, it is great and inspiring to see somebody I know doing positive things in the world. I heard about the portobelo place from some other folks and they said it is a great experience. I hope I get to go oneday and check it out. Please keep on keepin on!

Totsymae said...

Hi TeMika,

Nice having you join the blog world. I see the illustrations are coming along beautifully. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing the completed book.



Tosh