Monday, April 27, 2009

AACBWI Conference

All I can say is wow! What a blessing it was to attend this conference.

The first Annual AACBWI Conference was in Charlotte on April 25th and it was so informative. I got a lot of insight on the industry with regards to submissions, opportunities and maneuvering in a field that I am just starting to explore. The personal interaction I was able to have with everyone I met was invaluable. It is so nice to be around people who get excited about the same things as I do! Children, books, art....those are some of my favorite things in life. :)

The critique I received from Don Tate was great! Not to mean I'm in a "perfect place", but it gave me an idea of where I need to be going and how I can really improve on my work to get it ready for submission and success. His comments were really helpful.....I think everyone should have someone in the field give them a critique to help them along. We all have space to grow.

I commend the organizers on the work they did! They pulled off a difficult task very well and I think they should consider it a success. I look forward to attending and helping out next year!

1 comment:

Good and plenty said...

Hi, I attended the conference as well and wrote about it on my blog (http://blog.candelariasilva.com).
I am preparing my materials to send to you know who!
Great posts about AACBWI!