Thursday, March 6, 2014

VISION BOARD - My Future Art Space

When prompted to explore what my future art space would be, I decided to turn to the all-knowing Google to seek inspiration.  I am visual, so I figured I would seek images that inspire me.

I really want a space that feel wide open, airy and free.  It does not have to be tidy (and knowing me it won't be), but it must be wide open.  Lots of lights.  Lots of breathing room.  This is what I see:

 
 
 
I also felt the need to be near nature.  The attached blog link by Red Poppy Interiors http://redpoppyinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/02/artist-retreat.html  gave me the feeling of a woodland retreat near the water.  Secluded but secure. 
 

 
And I would love for my desk to be clean and organized. Something like this!
 
 
And to give me a place to retreat, I would like a nook to relax and rejuvenate in.
 
Although my space is a retreat, I would like to be near by to a town or city to be exposed to a variety of people.  Even though this space is a cool woodsy area, it could easily be a warm climate too.  The idea would just to have a retreat, nature, quiet and a wonderful work space. 
 
I think the images are quite helpful for me but I just for the record (if there are any donating parties out there!) MY WISH LIST includes:
 
A heavy duty easel
Lots of materials on hand
Comfortable chair & bed/futon & sofa for guests
Lots of Lights!  (and also a good electrical light source)
An organized, clean office
 
Schedule: I would love to have people around enough where I can get a break but not too much of a distraction.  So I would not generally have them IN my studio, but near by.  I know it's selfish!  But I would like to spend at least 8 hours creating and 2 hours on admin on workdays.  I would like my lifestyle to allow for more time with my friends and family.....they are very important to me.
 
Recreation: With hiking, water and a garden nearby, my recreation is right outside!
 
Inspiration: My inspiration, MY MUSE, is always people.  I love to people watch.  If I could sit and watch people on a nearby beach or watch people move about in a city space I can always be inspired.  The inspiration is endless with people.  There are so many stories to tell.
 
So if you are day dreaming of a place to call your own, what does YOUR space look like?  Allow yourself to DAY DREAM and BELIEVE that you can have what you want.  If you do, it can surely come.
 
Until next time, I hope your daydreams become a reality!
 
Blessings,
 
TeMika
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 






3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the imagery! i too find looking at images helpful for fashioning dreams. hoping your dreams come to fruition soon!

Unknown said...

I love vision boards. I have one on my desk right now filled with textures :-)

TeMika The Artist said...

Yes I enjoyed the process of looking for the pictures! It was great. Thanks for the comments. -TeMika